Search Sean's Brick Log

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lego Kingdoms Castle

Ah, this is more like it! The Lego castle series has always been a favorite of mine. The Kingdoms line began in 2010 and was retired in 2012. All too quickly I say, as there was certainly room for expansion. Another theme is coming later this year though!

Anyway, the Kingdoms theme featured a conflict between the Kingdom and the Dragon Knights. It has some very nice sets, and matches nicely with some of the earlier themes. This castle was the first Lego set I ever bought myself... remember, I only started pursuing this interest in 2011! I wish I bought the other (smaller) Dragon Knights sets at the same time, but alas did not realize how far I was going to take this collection at the time. Nor did I expect it to be retired so soon.





This is a nice castle, and I particularly like the gate house. I would prefer slightly longer front and back walls as well as putting the throne room in a central location with a grander design. As it is, it feels like the king is being stuffed into a small room where he can hide away. I also wish there had been a couple more minifigs, but oh well.




1 comment: